Now that school is back in session and Summer is heading out the door I figured it’d be a good time to round up a list of upcoming Fall fun happening in the Frederick area.
- Artomatic@Frederick – September 4th – October 5th. Creates community, builds audience and expands economic development by transforming available space into a playground for artistic expression. Unjuried events showcase creative work in visual art, performing art, music, dance and film.
- The Great Frederick Fair – September 13th – September 21st. Martina McBride, rides, food, crash up derby and much more.
- In the Street – September 14th. For over 25 years the In The Street festival has been held in downtown Frederick. The all day festival, spanning Market Street from Carroll Creek to 7th Street, brings food, fun and entertainment for the whole family.
- Frederick Oktoberfest – September 28th and September 29th. Bratwurst, Oktoberfest bier, German wines, dancing, music, children’s events and much more.
- 4th Annual Great Pumpkin Race – September 29th. The challenging cross-country course will run throughout Summers Farm, including a run through the adjoining fields. Fun Run course will include optional participation in activities on the farm. The run is benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Cotoctin Colorfest – October 12th and 13th. In 1963 when Colorfest begain it started as a nature walk but quickly evolved into a juried Arts & Crafts Show featuring 300 well known and respected artists from the across the United States. Catoctin Colorfest has been recognized in Sunshine Artists Magazine and ranked in the top 35 shows in the United States and one of the largest on the East Coast. Also a wide selection of delicious food is available to satisfy everyone’s appetite.
- Downtown Frederick First Saturdays – September 7th is Dog Days of Summer and October 5th is Harvest celebration.
- Local farms that will have fall/pumpkin patch festivals: Gaver Farm, Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze, Crumland Farms, and Summers Farm.