Lots to do around town this Holiday weekend:
- Frederick’s 4th – the event features regional and national entertainment beginning at noon on 2 stages of entertainment. Families from the surrounding region enjoy a day packed with free rides, activities and entertainment. Taste award winning chili, dunk a Frederick celebrity or race a bath tub down Culler Lake – there is a little something for everyone. NEW FOR 2013 – Our fireworks show is on the move to Parkway Elementary School. Our brand new show, featuring Zambelli Fireworks, will be shot from Parkway Elementary School making it even more visible from all areas of the park.
- July First Saturday- Stars & Stripes – July First Saturday continues the patriotic fun with Stars & Stripes on July 6th! With brand-new extended hours, First Saturday runs from 3-9pm and features live entertainment, activities, gallery openings, a town photo (come to the corner of Market & Patrick Streets at 5pm), and so much more!
- 149th Battle Anniversary – The Monocacy National Battlefield will commemorate the battle with living history, including artillery and infantry demonstrations. Activities will be presented for the first time at the visitor center, historically, the Confederate approach to the battle.
- Summer Concert Series – The Swingin’ Swamis – July 7, 2013 7pm at the Baker Park Band shell.
- Taste of History Night – The National Museum of Civil War Medicine, The Frederick Keys & Brewer’s Alley celebrate the debut of Gettysburg Wheat, the fourth beer from the commemorative Civil War Beer Susequicenntial Series. July 3, 2013 from 5pm – 7:30pm.