Lots going on in Frederick this weekend:
- Frederick Running Festival – Half & Relay marathon races set for Sunday, May 5, 2013. 5K & Kids Fun Run will be held on Saturday, May 4. You can still register for all races at the Sports Authority bib pick up locations or at the expo. For those not running here is a list of road closings (pdf).
- Mayfest 2013 – Saturday, May 4, 2013 10am – 9pm. Celebrate spring in Historic Downtown Frederick. Wander from shop to shop, listening to live music along the sidewalks as you build-a-bouquet of spring flowers. Participating merchants will offer a free flower to each person entering their stores while supplies last. Also enjoy a beer garden: 1pm-5pm on 52 S Market St (Carroll Creek at S Market St), a sidewalk chalk drawing contest, arts & crafts, and facepainting (12pm-2pm @ Philly Rabe’s, 240 N Market St).
- Cinco De Mayo – area restaurant specials from the FNP and an event in Brunswick.
- Fireside Fridays at Black Ankle Vineyards [Friday, May 3, food & drink, music]
- First Friday in Frederick [Friday, May 3, charity, food & drink]
- My Monster and Me [Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, kids, theater]
- First Saturday Artist: Beth Mende Conny [Saturday, May 4, art]