February was sllllooooowwww as far as events were concerned, but it looks like things are picking up nicely in March:
- March First Saturday: Vegas Night – On March 2, from 5-9pm enjoy fun non-alcoholic “mocktails”, performances by celebrity impersonators, a downtown-wide game of 21, merchant-hosted casino style games and activities, Live music, gallery openings, late shopping hours and more.
- Frederick Restaurant Week – Frederick Restaurant Week is a 7-day promotion taking place March 4-10, 2013 that features the unique and fine dining options available in Downtown Frederick and the surrounding area. Participating restaurants will offer diners price-fixed meals at mouth-watering prices.
- Break Away 5k – The second annual Race to End Domestic Violence, will be held on Saturday, March 9th at 8:30am at Baker Park in Frederick. More information their Facebook page.
- 43rd Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – The Maple Syrup event will be held in the William Houck (Lake) Area at Cunningham Falls State Park and feature continuous working demonstrations of the traditional maple syrup-making process. Kids can enjoy free games, stories, crafts, and live music in large heated tents. For an additional charge (cash only) a hot pancake and sausage breakfast will be served from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, or until sold out.
- 9th Annual Retro Prom – The Prom will be held on Saturday, March 9th from 7-11:30pm at the Talley Recreation Center with catering from great local restaurants, a cash bar, live music, dancing, auction, prom photos, and door prizes.
- The Leprechaun Luau – is the signature fundraising event of The Rotary Club of Frederick and will be held on Saturday, March 9 from 4-8pm at the Frederick Fairgrounds’ Eventplex. Admission includes a wide variety of foods, a souvenir mug for a selection of Flying Dog beers or soft drinks, a DJ, live music, a Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow raffle, and more.
- Art Carnival – family-friendly art activities, beadmaking and jewelry demonstrations, children’s films, and a café at the Delaplaine from 1-4pm on Saturday March 16th.
- Love for the Lillards Basket Bingo & Raffle – A basket bingo and raffle will be held on March 17, 2013, at Lewistown Fire Hall in Frederick, MD, to benefit the Lillard Family of Myersville, MD.
- Pot of Gold St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl – The crawl starts with food, drinks, prizes and revelry at Cafe 611 before traveling down Market Street to the several other participating bars and restaurants. The crawl takes place on Sunday, March 17 from 1pm – 7pm.
- Frederick Rescue Mission 10 Miler – Make a difference by running in the second annual Dan Ryan Builders’ Mission 10 Miler on Sunday, March 24th at 2pm starting and ending at Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick. More information on their website.
- Easter Egg Roll – enjoy games, crafts, pony rides, petting zoo, face painting and more at Rose Hill Manor on Saturday, March 30 from 11am through 2:30pm.