A link drop of recent Frederick news in cased you missed it:
- The Parkelts Have Come – “The parklets are raised platforms about the height of the curb that fit inside a pair of parking spaces, with space for restaurant customers on top.” They look like this. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think I would like to eat a meal with cars rolling within a few feet of my grub.
- One Frederick mall dying, while another thriving – a nice run down of the history of Frederick’s two malls. This quote from Stephen Ifshin, chairman of DLC Management Corp., a firm hired by the Fredericktowne Mall’s owners, is kind of irksome: “We haven’t really done any hard planning yet […] It’s hard to plan for something that’s indeterminate at the moment, but there’s also the Golden Mile redevelopment plan, which we would more than like to be a part of. It’s hard for us to lay out any specific development plans.” What the what? The mall has been dead for years and they haven’t really done any hard planning yet. Sounds like Fredericktowne will be a zombie mall for a long time to come.
- Landlord charged with robbery, assault – Duk Hee Ro (aka The Dragon Lady) was charged with assaulting one of her handy man after he told Ro he called the building inspector to check the work he had done to one of her properties.
- Carroll Creek ‘muck’ meets waterlilies – “Lily pads can cover a substantial expanse of water, deny algae the light they need and add colorful flowers that draw attention.” Hope it works.
- Back to the Future in Frederick!