Wow, Spring must be in the air, look at all there is to do this weekend:
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre’s 8th Annual Retro Prom – “Join Maryland Ensemble Theatre as we put the fun in fundraiser for the eighth straight year. This year’s Retro Prom promises to be better than ever as we’ve added catering from great local restaurants, an amazing master of ceremonies, new VIP table options and we’ve even lowered the ticket price! Prom Attire (any decade) is encouraged but not required.” Saturday, March 10, 7:00pm – 11:30pm.
William R. Talley Recreation Center. Order tickets online.
- Leprechaun Luau – “No matter where you hail from, everyone’s Irish around St. Patrick’s Day! And who doesn’t love a luau? Put them together, and you’ve got a party like no other! And when it’s all to benefit the Rotary Club of Frederick’s signature service project, Make It Happen Monocacy, it’s an event not to be missed! Please explore the site, like us on Facebook and tell your friends, and plan on attending this unique celebration of delicious food, Flying Dog brew, dancing and general merriment!” Saturday, March 10, 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Order tickets online.
- Bookfest 2012: Where Spies & Mysteries Lie – “Feeling brave? Ready for adventure – and more than a little intrigue? This year’s BookFest, which promotes literacy and reading for all ages, takes place at Frederick County Public Libraries on March 10 and 11. The schedule is jam-packed with an intriguing array of programs, activities, and entertainment.” Multiple times, days, and locations, check the FCPL website for details.
- Fly it Forward – “Fly it Forward is brought to you by Women of Aviation Week, whose aim is to introduce as many women to aviation as possible during the week that the first female pilot, Raymond de Larouche received her pilot’s certificate in 1910.” Food, hot air balloon rides, vendors, tours, and more. Takes place at the Frederick Municipal Airport on Saturday, March 10th from 10:30am – 3:30pm.
- The 7th annual Brunswick Main Street Auction – “There will be many unique treasures, one of kind opportunities, and useful items for sale. Great bargains will be found all afternoon. Once again there will be a Silent Auction in addition to the live Auction. Gift certificates, special services, and smaller items will be offered in the Silent Auction. Lunch will be available beginning at 12pm. Sandwiches, soup, desserts, and hot/cold drinks will be available for purchase. Proceeds from the Auction help to support Brunswick Main Street’s ongoing downtown revitalization projects.” Takes place at the Brunswick City Park Building on Sunday, March 11, beginning at 12pm.
- 42nd Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – “The event will be held in the William Houck (Lake) Area and features continuous working demonstrations of the traditional maple syrup making process. Park staff will present regular talks explaining the syrup making process and history. Kids can enjoy free games, stories and crafts in a large, heated tent. Everyone can warm themselves beside a roaring fire while listening to live music in the lakeside pavilion. A $2 per person donation will be requested. Youth groups are asked to contribute $1 per person. Pets are welcome in the William Houck area except in the dining/ food service areas and on beaches. Pets must be leashed at all times. A delicious hot sausage and pancake breakfast will be served from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm for an additional charge. (Cash only) Maryland made maple syrup; maple candy and souvenirs will be available for sale. Proceeds benefit the Friends of Cunningham Falls and Gambrill State Parks.” Saturday and Sunday, March 10, 11 & 17, 18 from 9:30am-2:30pm.