Here are some Halloween goings on for this weekend:
- Halloween on the Farm – On Sunday, October 30th, from noon – 5:00pm, Crumland Farms will host Halloween on the Farm for guests of all ages. Cost: $9 per person.
- Westview Promenade’s Halloween Trick-or-Treat event – On Saturday, October 29th from 11am – 1pm. Westview delivers the thrills, chills and Halloween fun in which kids of all ages delight. Cost: Free.
- Third Annual Halloween in Baker Park – October 26, 27 & 28, 2011 – register early at 301-600-1492. Come see the free performances nightly by Dance Unlimited in the Bandshell then go for a “haunted walk” through the park with treats given out in the Witches Tavern for all tour participants. Refreshments for sale by Dance Unlimited 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. nightly.
- Murder & Mayhem Walking Tours – Every Friday & Saturday in October at 7:00 p.m. Meet at Museum of FC History. The one-hour walking tour wends its way throughout the Downtown Frederick Historic District. Free of tall tales and low on the gruesome, the tour offers fascinating but true stories, including some of the most scandalous, nefarious, and unbelievable moments in the city’s past. Tickets are available in advance or at the door. $7 adults, $6 seniors, $5 children 6-12.
- Plus you can always take a ghost tour of Downtown Frederick.
And since it’s that spooky time of year, I’ve dug through our Weird Frederick archive for some odd and scary selections for your reading pleasure:
- Spooky Goings on at the Brunswick Railroad Museum
- A Lost Cave
- Haunted Frederick
- Caves and Graves
- Bats, I Hate Bats
- Beware, the Snallygaster
Do you have any Halloween events to share or scary stories to tell? Have at it in the comments: