Some fun to keep you busy this weekend:
- Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard’s Second Annual Bud Break Festival – Come celebrate the buds breaking out from the grapevines after a winter of hibernation. Enjoy a free wineglass and tastings of select wines, tours of the vineyard and winery, live music, food vendors, educational seminars, and children’s activities. April 30 & May 1, Noon – 6pm each day.
- South Mountain Creamery Spring Festival – Hay rides, food, drink, ice cream, kids games, tours, calf feeding. Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 11am-5pm.
- Rose Hill Manor Park Farm Museum Spring Festival – Enjoy a hay ride around the park and witness spring planting. Visit our barns to view the farm animals and learn how milk gets to your table. Enjoy a variety of crafts and help plant the vegetable garden in the Manor’s backyard. Other activities include antique and kiddie tractor pulls, music, craft vendors, and home-style food. Saturday, April 30th: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; Sunday, May 1st: Noon – 4:00 pm.
- Douglas Reunion Hike 2011 – The C&O Canal Association’s annual Douglas Reunion Hike is set for Saturday, April 30. Participants will have their choice of four hike lengths along the towpath from Point of Rocks to Whites Ferry. The optional evening program will include a social hour, dinner, and a speaker.
- Drive in movie: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Kick off the summer with an old-fashioned drive in movie. Linganore High School will be showing Ferris Bueller’s Day Off in the overlook parking lot on a giant screen on Saturday, April 30. View from your car or truck or bring lawn chairs and blankets. Movie starts at dusk (approx. 8:00 p.m.).
- Baker Park Bells Go Baroque – Frederick’s own City Carillonneur, John Widmann, plays Bach, Handel, and other Baroque masters on the Joseph Dill Baker Carillon. Bring a blanket, sit on the grass or stroll along Carroll Creek, while enjoying great music played on Frederick’s fabulous carillon. Sunday, May 1, 3 P.M.
- And Frederick Beer Week is May 10 to the 14th. Not this weekend, but wanted to get the word out.