An occasional round-up interesting links about Frederick:
- Opening and Closings: The Giant on 40 is closing. The Giant on Monocacy Blvd has opened a new gas station and is getting remodeled inside and out. I assume for competing with the new Wegmans. The Lowe’s in Clemson Corner opened this past week.
- Flying Dog Backyard Ale is a collaboration between Flying Dog Brewery and Bryan Voltaggi. It made Esquires list of The Best New Beers of Spring.
- “Frederick is among the top 10 most secure places in the US, according to a recent ranking by Farmers Insurance.” Source: City of Frederick Press Release
- A review (with lots of photos) of Sumittra, the new Thai restaurant downtown.
- The Mud Dog Run lived up to its name. Very muddy indeed.