Bark in the Park, Alive @ Five, and the Celtic Festival
Lots going on this weekend:
- Alive @ Five kicks off tomorrow (Thursday the 10th) with the Golden Butter Band. Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and take place from 5-8pm.
- Pints & the Past is a new series from The Historical Society of Frederick County for anyone interested in getting together to chat about history. It starts this Thursday, May 10th, 7:00 p.m. at the Mayor’s Office at Brewer’s Alley Restaurant. The first topic is a discussion on Freemasonry’s many different stances toward the consumption of liquor and beer, from the earliest recorded meetings in British taverns, to dry lodges during the American Temperance Movement, and varied policies on the use of alcohol by North American Grand Lodges today.
- Bark in the Park takes place on Saturday, May 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Utica District Park. Dogs will have an opportunity to run free in one of the off-leash areas, test their skills on the agility course, participate in doggie contests, and make new friends. Cover is $5 and there is a limit of 2 dogs per owner.
- The Maryland Craft Beer Festival takes place on Saturday, May 12th from Noon - 6:00 p.m. at the Eventplex at the Great Frederick Fair grounds. Check their site for ticket information.
- The Frederick Celtic Festival takes place on Saturday, May 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Mt. Airy Fire Dept. Fairgrounds. The event includes bands, Scottish Dancing, Pipe Bands, Demonstrations, Highland Games with professional and amateur athletes. Check their site for ticket information.
- And this Saturday kicks off Frederick Beer Week.